Wednesday, January 19, 2011

And At Last I See The Light

So obviously applications have gone out and everyone seem to have passed their web-based interview. I totally knew everyone would!

Now I didn't want to just blog about applications...Cause I want there to be more in my blog than this is what happend today.

So I have been wanting to see Tangled since I heard about it a couple of years ago. This was when they were thinking of casting Kristin Chenoweth in the part of Rapunzel. After seeing the movie, I can't imagine Kristin doing the role. Mandy Moore was amazing. Her voice is far more pure and innocent than Kristin's. Don't get me wrong! Kristin is like my idol, but I think this was Mandy's role to begin with. Alan Menken did an AMAZING job with the music in this movie. I honestly feel that this was a, "Oh my God. Disney is back!" kind of movie. Now like any other girl, I have always been in love with Princesses from a early age (3 to be exact. Ariel was my first Princess). However, I never have been able to look at a Princess and say, "That's me on screen!" I can finally say that I have found a character that I can fully identify with. I mean when Rapunzel goes outside for the first time, she is SUCH a spaz! Like even more than she was when she was by herself. I mean come on guys! Does that not SCREAM Hillary to you?! I also feel like her by being stuck in my small town for my entire life, "Waiting for my life to begin" if you will. This movie came out at the most opportune time as well. The quote at the end of my blog is my new motto for the College Program. It honestly speaks exactly how I feel about the journey that I will soon take. I am so excited and scared all at the same time. I am so blessed for everything to have happened the way it has and I feel so much stronger than before because of Tangled.

Rapunzel: I've been looking out of a window for eighteen years, dreaming about what I might feel like when those lights rise in the sky. What if it's not everything I dreamed it would be? 
Flynn Rider: It will be. 
Rapunzel: And what if it is? What do I do then? 
Flynn Rider: Well,that's the good part I guess. You get to go find a new dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment