Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Anything Your Heart Desires Will Come To You

So today was the say that I have been waiting for. My phone interview. Now I did not prepare for my interview. The closest thing I got to preparing was watching a couple of people's vlog on their youtube channels and talking to people about their interviews to see how they went. So About 10:00pm last night I realized that my interview was today. I began to second guess myself on preparation. I ended up staying up until about 4:00am because I couldn't go to sleep! I feel really silly now that I was freaking out. So I decided to give myself some me time before my interview. I told the D-Fam that I would talk to them after my interview and got some food. After I ate, I wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to freak out anymore. Now, how would a P hopeful calm themselves? Watch Disney videos on youtube of course! I filled my head of the Citizens of Hollywood. Theres something about Bucky Greenhorn that really just puts me at ease. In the middle of "Here comes another joke" My phone began to ring! I closed my window immediately and answered! The time was 3:05! So 5 minutes late, but because I was enjoying my videos I didn't even notice! Christine was my interviewer. She was very sweet and extremely helpful. So all of the normal things were asked about eligibility and such and onto the questions!To begin the interview, Christine asked why I wanted to work for the Walt Disney World College Program. Honestly, I cannot remember what I said. I know I said something to the effect dealing customer service but I think this is where my nerves were so it was a blur. First thing she asked (that I remember) was about my current job. I work at a childrens theatre where I teach a range of children from ages 2-18. I explained what I do as my title position and what my duties include. After that she asked me what my favorite part about my job is. I replied by telling her my students are my favorite part. They are the reason I go to work and the relationships I have with each of them are extremely unique. I also told her that they are one thing I will miss most on the program! She then proceeded to ask me what the most difficult thing about my job would be. That would be our technical rehearsals. Our staff is up at the theatre from 8-12 hours a day working on set, costumes, lights, sound, and anything else along with teaching our kids! It is very stressful but that is when our hard work pays off. She then asked me about living with others and what might be a problem I would face. I told here that I used to live with 3 others for a full year and the one thing that was always difficult was mess. But I said that the only way to fix the problem was to talk about it and create and agreement on cleaning that was good for everyone. I was then asked if I would be comfortable doing QSFB or custodial. I told her no because I have worked in the food industry before and it just wasn't for me. I also added that I thought my skills would be more useful in the 8 other roles I listed. We then discussed Entertainment. I told her that I have had 10 plus years of acting experience and fell very comfortable in front of crowds. Not only that but it is my major! I was then asked what my favorite part of theatre was. I explained that learning and understanding how different characters act. I find it very interesting and I love understand why others do different things and what motivates them to do certain things. I also told her no matter what I play on stage, I always make sure I have those motivations, no matter if I'm a lead or a chorus member. Attractions was next! She asked me what the longest thing I had to memorize. Surprisingly enough it was not for theatre! I had an English class where I had to memorize Julius Caesars speech. For those who don't know that speech, it is incredibly long! We the jumped over to Bibbity Bobbity Boutique Hostess. She asked me if I had any experience in styling hair. I told her I had no professional experience but that since I work at a theater, I am asked sometimes to help with hair and makeup. I then received the question about what would I do if someone was hesitant about getting their hair done. Let me just say, this was the best answer I gave for my interview and I am still REALLY proud of it! I told Christine that Fear stems from the unknown. Normally when someone is scared its because they do not know what is to come. With that said, I explained that I would tell them what would happen from beginning to ending so they wouldn't be fearful of what would happen. I'm assuming we moved to merchandising because she asked me what kind of experience I had with cash handling I have had. I've worked in so many different retail store that I have had plenty of experience! She also asked me if I have ever had to count back to customers when dealing with change. And I have for a couple of jobs in the past. My last question was about how I have made a guest feel special. I told her the story about when I worked in a Halloween store. This littler girl and her dad came into the store looking for a Princess costume. They had been looking all over town and we actually had them in stock. We went to the section, and we were out of her size. She became very upset, and I hard to make sure that I fully did what I could to please them. I went to the back honestly expecting to not see anything remotely close to a Princess costume. To my surprise, there was one laying in the back! I grabbed it and ran back out into the store and got really really excited for her. This must have been a good story because she actually sounded impressed (at least I think so!)

All in all my interview went well. I am still second guessing myself. Not on a question, but if I smiled enough while I was on the phone! I'm sure I did...but I'm still not sure! Anyways! Thats my super long blog. If you have an interview coming up for the CP, BREATHE! It helps so much! Its really not that bad. Answer them to your best ability and you shall do well! With that, It is VERY late and I must get some rest! School, work, and rehearsal tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment