Sunday, January 9, 2011

Work Your Cares Away Worries For Another Day!

As I mentioned before, I would take some time to talk about my place of business. Its a place that is very near and dear to my heart. So here we go!

I work in a little place called San Angelo Broadway Academy. Its probably one of the most inspiring place in my town. We teach dance, theatre, voice, and art to kids all over our town. We also put of 4 full scale performances every year, 2 of which the rehearsal periods are 3 weeks long! We also have a traveling company of about 20 kids who are versed in many different kinds of performance. What I do at my job, I teach 2 classes (Creative Dance and Improv) I am also the manager for the traveling company, I run lights for the shows, I help keep rehearsals focused as well as help with direction, and I also am dance captain for most of our shows. WHEW! I do a lot for our company and I am so proud to be a part of it. But the best part is by far the relationship I have with many of our students. They are some of the most ambitious and talented kids I have ever met. I look at so many of them and know that they are going to go places in life. They are the reason I would do my job without getting paid. They are the reason I have courage in myself to shoot for my own dreams. They are the reason I put my best foot forward to be the best person I can be. I have never felt so strongly for a group in my whole life, and I am proud to say that I am part of that family. SABA will be the hardest thing to walk away from when I go to Disney. I will miss them all dearly and wish I was there to help them through their next audition, next rehearsal, or next performance. I say that Disney is my life, but in all reality, those students are my life.

To any student reading this, I want you to know that you are talented. I believe in you more than I believe in myself sometimes. You achieve more than I ever have been able to. Just know that I love you and nothing will ever change that. I know the staff can get frustrated when everyone isn't focused but that never changes the fact that I believe in you. Know that I will always be here for you for whatever reason it may be; Theatre related, or personal. I may not know the right answers for somethings but I will support you no matter what.

Ok I'm done gushing. I'm off to get a klenex!

No comments:

Post a Comment